Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Panning Life

Zap!

Capt. Nandu Chitnis first introduced me to this technique. It is quite simple to understand but requires a lot of patience and control to get a satisfactory shot. On the first day of our experiment at Lavasa, I could find only one worthwhile picture in my first 100 clicks. Came to know that a professional motor sport photographer has to click 300-400 for every good shot he takes. Being a beginner, it seemed nice to have better success ratio but later I realized that it is the difference between my and his in definition of "one good shot"! :)

While Nandu has clicked a lot of bikers, he always wanted to have one of his own pan shot. And who else could better help him ;). Fortunately, one of my click on our second shoot at NDA road got explored! on flickr!. Sounds like a good omen! Here are some more interesting ones that we clicked during this panning experiment.

_MG_5821

Panning 3

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i am quite impressed with your blog. my frds are planning a
trip to ladak from the 4th of July 09. I need some suggestions form you.
I am working in the styling dept at Bajaj auto Pune, am a avid cruiser
and own a Avenger. i wish to know how is Avenger in these kind of
terrains? What will you personally recommend?
My frd are convincing me not to take my bike and that we will hire one from Manali. but i am of the mind that i wish to ride on my personal
bike. Can you pl advise me on this?

your suggestions will be of great help to me..i wish to have a talk a with my no~9922421017 I am from Pune only. Also how did you manage to ship your bike to Mandi? Details will be of great help to me.

Unknown said...

qzz0516
ray ban sunglasses
nhl jerseys
longchamp handbags
cheap jordans
ray ban sunglasses
polo outlet
ugg outlet
fitflops sale clearance
lacoste soldes
coach handbags

Mapper

Profile Maps

Site Meter